- Nervous and mental affections,
- Psychic traumas,
- Sexual infantilism,
- Serious and protracted chronic diseases,
- Chronic intoxications,
- Feeding violations (exhaustion or obesity),
- Endocrine diseases,
- Gynecological diseases.
Violation of menstruation cycle:
- opsomenorrhea — menses come extremely rarely: in 6-8 weeks
- spaniomenorrhea — the extremely long menstrual cycle, menses come 2-4 times per year
- proiomenorrhea (tachimenorrhoea) — shortened menstrual cycle, menses come in 21 days
Change of blood amount, that exudes during menses:
- hypermenorrhea — a excessive amount of blood, more than 100-150 ml
- hypomenorrhea — reduced amount of blood, less than 50 ml
Abnormal menses’ duration:
- polymenorrhea — menses’ duration is 7-12 days
- oligomenorrhea — menses duration is less than 2 days
- algomenorrhea — pain during menses in genital organs region
- dysmenorrhea — general disturbances during menses (headache, nausea, anorexia, raised irritability)
- algodysmenorrhea — a combination of local pain and general state disturbance
Menorrhagia—the cyclic uterine bleeding, associated with menstrual cycle, lasting more than 12 days.
Methrorrhagia — acyclic uterine bleeding that is not associated with menstrual cycle.
There are distinguished hypomenstrual syndrome (opsomenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, hypomenorrhea) and the hypermenstrual syndrome (proiomenorrhea, hypermenorrhea, polymenorrhea).