NATIONAL BOARD OF EXAMINATIONS
(Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India)
Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road)
Post Box No. 4931, Ansari Nagar,
New Delhi– 110 029
Telephone : 26589517
FOREIGN MEDICAL QUALIFICATIONS
The Government of India has entrusted the conduct of Screening Test for the Indian National candidates, who have undergone training abroad, to the National Board of Examinations. The purpose of the screening test is to enable the candidates to registered with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council and qualifying the same shall not confer any other right, whatsoever, on a candidate.
The examination shall be held in March and September every year. The language of the test shall be English and examination will be an objective Type Test (MCQ – single response answer)
This booklet contains the details of the eligibility criteria, fee, examination centers, declaration of results etc. that will facilitate the candidates to know full details about the test.
PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERTAINED IN THIS REGARD.
1. INSTRUCTIONS IN THE BOOKLET ARE LIABLE TO CHANGES BASED ON DECISIONS TAKEN BY THE BOARD FROM TIME TO TIME. CANDIDATES ARE REQUESTED TO REFER TO THE LATEST BULLETIN OR CORRIGENDUM THAT MAY BE ISSUED TO INCORPORATE THESE CHANGES.
2. FEES ONCE PAID WILL NEITHER BE CARRIED FORWARD TO A FUTURE DATE NOR BE REFUNDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
3. APPLICATIONS FOR CANDIDATES PRODUCING FALSE OR FABRICATED RECORDS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND WILL BE FURTHER DEBARRED FROM APPEARING IN THE FUTURE EXAMINATION OF THE BOARD. LEGAL ACTION SHALL BE TAKEN IF FALSE OR FABRICATED RECORDS ARE SUBMITTED.
4. ROLL NUMBERS / RESULTS CAN BE SEEN AT THE WEBSITE www.natboard.nic.in)
5. ONLY ROLL NOS. & RESULT OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE COMMUNICATED INDIVIDUALLY.
6. ROLL NUMBER CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE AND QUOTED ONLY WHEN NOT RECEIVED BY POST IN TIME.
7. APPEARANCE OR SUCCESS IN THE SCREENING TEST DOES NOT CONFER ANY RIGHT WHATSOEVER ON A CANDIDATE.
8. REGISTRATION OF FMG BY THE MCI /STATE MEDICAL COUNCIL IS SUBJECT TO FULFILLMENT OF MCI /STATE MEDICAL COUNCIL CRITERIA. SEE ANNEXURE ‘A’.
9. UNDERTAKING BY CANDIDATE AS PER ANNEXURE ‘B’ HAS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION FORM.
1. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
No person shall be allowed to appear in the screening test unless:
i) He / She is a citizen ofIndia.
ii) Possesses any primary medical qualifications.
iii) He / She had obtained “Eligibility Certificate’ from the Medical Council of India (applicable only in respect to students who took admission abroad on or after 15.03.2002). This requirement shall not be necessary in respect of Indian citizens who have obtained admission in foreign medical institute before15th March 2002.
iv) All students who have taken admission abroad prior to 15.03.2002 and are required to qualify the Screening Test for their registration, shall be allowed to appear in the Screening Test even if they do not meet the minimum admission norms of MCI for joining undergraduate medical course provided they were admitted to foreign institutions recognized by MCI as per Supreme Court judgment on 8th March 2002 in Civil Appeal no. 2779 of 2000. From 15.03.2002 and onwards all students are required to obtain an Eligibility Certificate from MCI before proceeding abroad for studies in Medicine. No other student will be entitled for any relaxation.
v) Refer MCI Instructions in this regard. Annexure ‘A’
2. GENERAL INFORMATION
i) The Examination is held twice a year atNew Delhi
ii) The language of the test shall be English.
iii) The exam will consist of one paper
iv) There will be 300 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of single response type in the paper (Divided in two settings of 150 questions each)
v) There will be NO negative marking.
vi) A candidate shall be declared as having passed only if he/she obtains a minimum of 50% of marks in the paper
vii) List of candidates successful in the Screening Test will be displayed on the website and office of NBE. Successful candidates will also be communicated by post individually.
viii) The candidates who qualify the Screening Test may apply to the Secretary, Medical Council of India,New Delhior to any State Medical Council for provisional registration / permanent registration.
ix) There is no restrictions on number of attempts that can be availed by a candidate.
3. FEE STRUCTURE
Form fee Rs. 500/- or 10US $
Examination fee Rs. 3000/- or 60 US$ (within last date)
Late fee Rs. 500/- (after last date)
Bank Draft should be in favor of “National Board of Examinations” payable at New Delhi.
4. EXAMINATION CENTRE
Venue: To be notified later.
Candidates to make own arrangements for Travel /lodging etc.
5. VERIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS / CREDENTIALS
Candidates are required to submit attested (self attested and by Gazetted Officer) copies of
i) DOB (Class Xth certificate)
ii) 10+2 passing certificate
iii) 10+2 mark sheet
iv) Primary Medical Qualification
v) Internship Certificate (if done abroad)
vi) Eligibility Certificate issued by MCI (if available)
vii) Translated copies (in English /Hindi) to be furnished if the certificates are in language other than English /Hindi.
6. INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
i) Write in capital letters only and tick the required information in the boxes wherever provided.
ii) Please note that your name your father’s name, and your date of birth should be exactly the same as in your High School or your first Board/University examination Certificate.
iii) A total of 4 copies of recent passport size photograph of the applicant are required (for application form, admit card, attendance sheet & result). The photos must bear name plate on chest.
iv) Application form must be signed by the candidate. Without signature application form would not be considered.
v) The candidate is directed to give the postal address in capital letters with pin code number
7. ADMIT CARDS
i) Admit Card will be issued to all eligible candidates whose complete Application Forms have been received by NBE on or before the last date of receiving the application form.
ii) The Candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card and ensure that all the entries therein are correct. In case of any discrepancy, the same shall be taken up immediately with the Asstt. Controller of Examinations (FMGE).
iii) The Admit Card is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is punishable offence under law. No applicant will be permitted to appear in the Screening Test without a valid Admit Card.
iv) Therefore, all candidates shall carefully preserve the Admit Card till the registration process is complete.
v) Non-receipt of Admit Card: Candidates are advised to take a print out of their Roll nos. from website and paste one photo (self attested) on the same. Candidates are advised to bring his/ her passport as a proof of identification.
vi) National Board of Examinations will not be responsible for any postal delay or irregularity resulting in non/late receipt of the Admit Card.
vii) A plea that the candidate failed to receive the information for appearing in the Screening Test will not be accepted as a ground for the refund of fee or any other redress.
viii) National Board of Examinations reserves the right to withdraw the permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the Screening Test even though an Admit Card has been issued.
ix) Issuance of Admit Card does not confer any right whatsoever by the candidate for his / her eligibility for the purpose of registration by MCI.
8. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
Application forms must be submitted within the stipulated time given in the advertisement & on website. Candidates are requested to ensure that they submit the complete application form, in the envelope provided to reach NBE on or before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. The completed Application form shall be sent to the following address:
The Executive Director
National Board of Examinations
(M/o Health & Family Welfare)
Post Box – 4931, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road)
New Delhi – 110029
Documents require to be attached: (Please arrange in following orders)
- Bank Draft
- Accounts Section Sheet
- Application Form
- Annexure ‘B’ dully signed by the candidate
- Copy of 10th passing certificate (for date of birth)
- Copy of 10+2 passing certificate
- Copy of 10+2 mark sheet
- Copy of primary medical qualification
- Copy of internship certificate (if done abroad)
10. Copy of eligibility certificate issued by MCI (if applicable)
11. Total four copies of recent passport sized photographs of applicant (1 each for Application Form, Admit Card, Attendance Sheet & Results)
Note: Translated copies (in English / Hindi) of primary medical qualification and other certificates if the above are in language other than English / Hindi
9. DECLARATION OF SCREENING TEST RESULT
The Result of the Screening Test will be tentatively declared within 3 days after the exam. The result will be posted on the website of NBE www.natboard.nic.in. Only successful candidates can collect their pass result by hand from the board office after 10 days from the date of declaration of result. No duplicate result will be issued.
10. DECLARATION BY THE CANDIDATE
The candidate MUST sign the declaration (column 19 of the application form). The place and date should also be mentioned. Application Form without signature or with different signature at two places will be treated as incomplete and will be rejected.
The details included in this booklet and the NBE information brochure is designed to provide the prospective candidates information on the programs and activities of NBE and they are subject to change from time to time. The candidates will be bound by the rules and regulations of the Board as applicable during their exam with NBE
PLEASE READ ALL THE PREVIOUS INSTRUCTION CAREFULLY FOR FILLING UP THE APPLICATION FORM
- No request of the Candidate will be entertained on telephone with regard to the eligibility and disclosures of their results.
- Candidates, for eligibility criteria, should go through the bulletin carefully before writing to the Board’s office.
- Incomplete applications or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and declared ineligible without any intimation. In such cases, the entire fees will be forfeited.
- Fees will be neither be carried forwarded to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances.
Excerpts from Medical Council of India letter no. MCI-203(9)/2003-Regn/17205 dated 5th March 2004.
“MCI in discharge of its statutory duties, on 17.09.97 took the following decisions:
a) The student who complete their medical degree course of less than 6 yrs duration from institutions is erstwhileUSSRshall not e eligible for registration because of the fact that the duration of M.D (Physician) course is 6 yrs, after one year preparatory / language course.
b) The students completing successfully total six yrs clinical M.D (Physician) course in an M.C.I recognized M.D (Physician) degree on or after 1/7/97 shall be eligible for permanent registration u/s 13(3) of the M.C.I Act 1956 provided they meet the other criteria of the Council laid down with regard to admission for medical courses.
c) The students who were initially admitted in an institution not recognized by Medical Council of India and later on migrated and obtained the degree from recognized medical institutions n erstwhile USS will not be eligible for any kind of registration inIndia.
The above mentioned decision of the Executive Committee of the Council was approved by the General Body of the Council”.
I _______________________ S/o or D/o _________________________ aged around _________ years R/o ___________________________ ____________________________________________________________having obtained my Primary Medical Qualification from ___________________________________________________________________________________ do solemnly affirm as under:
- I am a citizen ofIndia
- That I am aware that my appearance / success in Screening Test does not confer any right whatsoever for registration with MCI / any other State Medical Council.
- I understand that my registration with MCI / State Medical Council is subject to fulfillment of the eligibility criteria laid by them and in accordance with judgments of Honourable Supreme Court of India in this regard.
(Signature of Candidate)