- Absence of menses by age 16 with normal secondary sexual characteristics.
- Absence of menses by age 14 without secondary sexual development.
- Secondary (Absence of menses for 6 months in a previously menstruating female.)
Etiology Of Primary Amenorrhoea :
- Hypergonadotropic Hypogonadism
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism (Gonadotropin deficiency; Secondary hypogonadism; Kallmann syndrome)
- Other causes of Primary Ovarian Failure
- Genetic Disorders : 5-Alpha-reductase deficiency (5-ARD) is an autosomal recessive intersex condition caused by a mutation of the 5-alpha reductase type 2gene.
- Other Hypothalamic / Pituitary Dysfunctions
Etiology Of Secondary Amenorrhoea :
Secondary Amenorrhoea is often caused by hormonal disturbances from the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland, from premature menopause or intrauterine scar formation. It is defined as the absence of menses for three months in a woman with previously normal menstruation or nine months for women with a history of oligomenorrhoea.